.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIODE .... hangs by a thread

Monday, December 26, 2005

Module Mania!

Well, congratulate me boys, I finished the 5 ABIM "Self Evaluation Program" modules yesterday, whoopppiee!!!. So I won't need to do the "Practice Evaluation" on my non-existent practice, which they'll require after 1/1/06. Plus, I now have 90 freakin' CME credits for 2005.

I had saved the "Inpatient Medicine" module for last, thinking it would be the worst, but although I just barely passed it, it actually was the one I liked the most - I'm not sure why but maybe something about taking lots of info and numbers and putting it all together. With the outpatient stuff, it seemed to be more trivia and factoids. If they had a REAL outpatient medicine module, it would have to include about 40 questions about disability forms, authorization requests, HMO denials, URIs, return to work forms, and drug-seeking patients.

Still it was interesting to think about some of the medical stuff again ... a lot of "hmm, I should really know that".

Studying for the real boards (a year and a half away!!, except for mempocom) is gonna be, um, ... a challenge. (Hopefully by then they'll allow us to use Google during the test).

1 Comments:

  • That's great ... I wonder how I would do just taking the boards "cold". Probably get 20-25% right (might be better just to guess). Are you planning wait until 2007 to take it? Are there 2 tests a year? My knowledge of arcane minutiae is probably at somewhat of a peak right now having just done the modules (well, somewhat of a "less-of-a-valley") so it would seem like now would be a good time to try it "cold" ... but it's expensive, isn't it? I don't have an employer to foot the bill ...

    Did you get all those alcohol poisoning questions? The isopropyl alcohol and ethylene glycol stuff? WTF? Does that happen commonly?

    By Blogger aki, at 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home