.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIODE .... hangs by a thread

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Something good for once about Customer Service

The second thing that I wanted to mention about my Treo in particular is that the headset jack on there started to give me problems a couple of months ago, which were sort of tolerable initially but have increased to the point where any call made with any headset is a static-filled adventure in frustration.

I was upset b/c it had been more than a year since I got the phone and the warranty had run out ... or had it? I checked and it turned out that I actually activated the phone on November 19, 2005 - so there were still a few days left!

So, I went to a Sprint store, expecting them to come up with a reason why this wasn’t eligible for the warranty ... but they were basically like, “OK, well this part can’t be repaired, so we’ll have to replace the entire phone.” So, by tomorrow evening (when I pick up the new phone), I’ll have a brand new (or brand refurbished) Treo 650! How sweet is that?!

1 Comments:

  • I never use the Treo w/o a (wired) headset earpiece, partly because of the (unproven) radiation concern, but mostly b/c it just doesn't feel right talking into a PDA. (Though not as "toast-like", as you have put it, as talking into a Blackberry).

    Even from the beginning, the headset jack was not really stable enough for use with stereo headphones, but I attributed this to the cheap 2.5mm - 3.5mm adapter I got from Radio Shack. However I recently got
    this
    from treocentral and it was doing the same thing, but that's also around when the earpiece stopped working with the jack too.

    I know there's headset/stereo headphones that are combined but I don't really like the microphones that are in the middle of the wire - it just doesn't make logical sense to me that the microphone would be a foot from where one's voice is coming out of. (the earpieces I use have got to have at least a reasonable length boom, not the kind that ends at the earlobe, e.g. like the bluetooth earpieces I've seen). (How does that make sense, to have the microphone at the earlobe? I know it might work in practice, but ... I'm all about theory, not real world examples!!)

    By Blogger aki, at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home