.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIODE .... hangs by a thread

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Wish me a happy bertha-day!

Good morning DIODE - it's my birthday! I am hoping to go to Burger King and get one of those hats. And a Whopper! (no mayo, no onions, of course!)

I was thinking about treating myself to this Thinkpad - what do you think? I know there are cheaper notebooks, but I have one important dealbreaker that only Thinkpads offer nowadays: a Trackpoint. I can not have a laptop that only has a trackpad.

Also, I wanted something that has a Pentium 4 with HT, rather than Pentium-M/Centrino, because I'm not going to be lugging it around much, and the performance tradeoff is real when it comes to video/multitasking.

The other idea would be to get a desktop ... RHS, what model is your dual-core Dell? Was it expensive?

4 Comments:

  • i love my computer. dell dimension 9100, paid less than 2K, 19 inch flat panel, 250 gig hd, dual processor, yadda yadda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:06 AM  

  • Well, I went and ordered the Thinkpad ... now I gotta find a (gasp!) job.

    As for the Sony & HP laptops ... I've drooled over some of them before (the guy at store was NOT happy about the mess on the keyboard) ... but the one deciding factor for me is that I just gotta have a Trackpoint. I know, not everyone is into these things, but I can't use a trackpad, and don't want to have to carry a mouse around.

    In fact that's one of the reasons I've stayed with my old Dell 8200 for so long - I don't know why they stopped putting trackpoints into these things (though I heard Toshiba and others are putting them in some of the new tablet models).

    By Blogger aki, at 8:52 AM  

  • i still love my new dell desktop by the way

    (PS. check out my newest podcast)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 AM  

  • It would have been really nice to get a dual core desktop ... indeed, that woulda been sweeeeeet.

    In the end I guess I wanted to be able to carry it around occasionally (even if the Thinkpad *will* weigh almost 8 lbs), and my Targus rolling desktop/monitor case won't fit into the overhead bin.

    By Blogger aki, at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home