.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIODE .... hangs by a thread

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Treo 755p - yeah boooyyyyiiieeeeee!!!!

The second toy I wanted to tell y’all about is my new Treo 755p for Sprint – the old Treo 650 was spontaneously rebooting every half an hour or so, despite everything I tried, so I brought it in to the Sprint store & it turns out that since I’ve got the Service & Repair plan ($4/month), they just gave me a new phone, for no extra charge. Sweeeeeeet!!!!

The 755p is definitely lighter and smaller than the 650; there’s no antenna anymore. And no more spontaneous reboots!!! Plus it can access Sprint’s EVDO network, so internet speed is actually tolerable now. Best of all it can fit in my back pocket!

However there are some little annoyances. For example, some reason every time it rings or otherwise makes a sound (text message sound, etc), there is a little “BEEP” that occurs at the start of the sound. In fact it is the sound of the “STAR” key being pressed, and apparently this is a glitch that many people are experiencing. There’s no fix for it.

The button layout is different. I prefer the layout of the 650. They put the menu button way on the bottom right now and it’s the same size as any other button. I liked it when it was one of the huge buttons up top.

Also headset volume is still too low ... I’ve tried some third party software that purports to raise the volume (such as VolumeCare) but haven’t found them to be useful.

The problem where it waits ten seconds to dial a number after you’ve hit “Dial” seems better though. It’s just a few seconds now.

All in all I can’t complain. It’s definitely an improvement over the Treo 650. I highly recommend the repair/warranty plan if your carrier has it – saved me a lot of money.

I'm not sure what this all has to do with the BlackBerry but hopefully someone can help me with that. :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home